WATER POLO IS BACK
Join us for the following practices:
- Tuesday, 7/7 - 8:00pm - 10:00pm at Foster Pool - outdoor
- Sunday, 7/12 - 9:30am - 11:30am at Lakewood High School - indoor
*We will continue practicing on Tuesday's and Sunday's at these times and locations throughout the remainder of the summer (pending any further closures/cancellations by the pool). Please refer to the website for the most up to date schedule.
Guidelines For Return To Practice
The CWPC has adopted the Ohio Department of Health Mandates Policies for Contact Sports relative to COVID-19 which include the following:
- Players, coaches, athletic trainers, and officials must conduct daily symptom assessments. Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home.
- Physical contact is only permitted within the rules of the game during competitive practice. Players, coaches, and officials are not to physically contact each other before or after competitive practice (i.e. greetings, team huddles, high-fives, congregating, etc.)
- Although many contact sports have begun practicing, CWPC will not be scrimmaging or doing any contact-based drills for the month of July and physical distancing is extremely important on the pool deck.
- Six-feet social distance must be maintained between individuals at all times – even in the pool. Please remain 6ft away from the lifeguard stand at all times.
- No congregating before or after practices or games is permitted.
- Masks must be worn on the pool deck at all times but are not mandated in the water.
- Come dressed to practice – there will be no locker rooms available except for the use of the toilets.
- Keep in mind we are practicing at a High School and a Public Park.
- You must have an up to date waiver submitted (via the website here) in order to participate in practices.
As a reminder, pursuant to the CWPC Participant Waiver and Release you signed when joining the club, by participating in CWPC practices, tournaments and activities you (1) agree to abide by the CWPC Covid-19 Policy and all other policies of the CWPC (2) assume the risk of injury and illness which may occur by doing so (3) and release and hold harmless the CWPC and its members, officers and directors. If you have not executed the release and waiver, you must do so online prior to participating in any CWPC activities.
Practices throughout July will include swimming, passing and shooting to help promote the safety of our club members. Please be patient with us as we get the pools and equipment set up for our return.
Please reach out to Kasi with any specific questions!
Post a Comment