We are a dynamic and fun group of co-ed adults (age ranging 18-65) with varying skill sets. Most of our players come with some background knowledge of the sport, but we are proud to say we have members who started their careers with Cleveland Water Polo Club. Practices are self run (mostly by our board members) and consist of a mix of drills and scrimmages. We maintain a "get out of it what you put in" mentality.
Typical Practice Details
- Set Up Pool
- Warm Up - on your own
- Shooting - team / on your own
- Drill Work - optional
- Self run
- Self substitution
Before jumping in the pool ..
- Be sure to submit your name on the online waiver found at the bottom of the "Membership" tab. Please read through the latest Membership page as we have updated our waiver to include our COVID-19 safety initiatives.
- Reach out to the team - please notify a board member before stopping by.
- Pick a first practice - see practice times/locations below.
- Show up! A board member or one of our many friendly players will help show you the ropes.
Water polo is a great form of exercise and the perfect way to get in (or back in) shape. Although we take all skill/fitness levels, you will need the ability to swim up and down the pool. No need to be fast, but confidence in the water is key. We will gladly teach you the ropes on the game from treading to shooting and general rules.
Practice Times & Locations
Our team runs on two practices seasons - outdoor and indoor season. We alternate pool times and locations based on weather and availability. Please check the website and sign up for our emails for the most up to date practice times/locations. We do our best to offer two - three practices a week and your membership qualifies you for all practices.
- Sunday - Mornings in Avon
- 9:00am - 11:00am - Avon Pool
- Tuesday- Evenings in Lakewood
- 8:00pm - 10:00pm at Foster Pool, Lakewood Park
Early September - June
- Sunday - Mornings in Lakewood
- 9:30am - 10:00am at Lakewood HS
- Tuesday - Evenings in Lakewood
- 8:30pm - 10:00pm at Lakewood HS
As outlined in our COVID-19 safety initiatives, we are currently not accepting drop-in players to attend practices. You must be a paying CWPC member with up to date payments and signed liability waivers prior to attending practice.
Under normal circumstances we would welcome all age groups to join us for practice, but during this time we are limiting attendance to CWPC members ages 18+. We hope to open our club back up in 2021 to all members.