We are a dynamic and fun group of co-ed adults (age ranging 18-65) with varying skill sets. Most of our players come with some background knowledge of the sport, but we are proud to say we have members who started their careers with Cleveland Water Polo Club. Practices are self run (mostly by our board members) and consist of a mix of drills and scrimmages. We maintain a "get out of it what you put in" mentality.
Typical Practice Details
- Set Up Pool
- Warm Up - on your own
- Shooting - team / on your own
- Drill Work - optional
- Self run
- Self substitution
Before jumping in the pool ..
- Be sure to submit your name on the online waiver found at the bottom of the "Membership" tab. Please read through the latest Membership page as we have updated our waiver to include our COVID-19 safety initiatives.
- Reach out to the team - please notify a board member before stopping by.
- Pick a first practice - see practice times/locations below.
- Show up! A board member or one of our many friendly players will help show you the ropes.
- Please ensure you are a proficient swimmer, please reach out if you have questions on this.
Water polo is a great form of exercise and the perfect way to get in (or back in) shape. Although we take all skill/fitness levels, you will need the ability to swim up and down the pool for a duration of 10 minutes without stopping. No need to be fast, but confidence in the water is key.
Practice Times & Locations
Our team runs on two practices seasons - outdoor and indoor season. We alternate pool times and locations based on weather and availability. Please check the website and sign up for our emails for the most up to date practice times/locations. We do our best to offer two practices a week and your membership qualifies you for all practices. You can sign up for semi-regular emails by entering your email address into the intake form on the right hand panel of the home page.
- Sunday - Mornings in Avon
- 9:00am - 11:00am - Avon Pool
- Tuesday- Evenings in Lakewood
- 8:00pm - 10:00pm at Foster Pool, Lakewood Park
Indoor Season - CURRENT SEASON
Early September - June
- Sunday - Mornings in Lakewood
- 9:30am - 10:00am at Lakewood HS
- Tuesday - Evenings in Lakewood
- 8:30pm - 10:00pm at Lakewood HS
Drop in players are welcome, please sign the electronic waiver and notify a CWPC board member (Jack) of your drop-in date.
We currently do not offer youth water polo programs. If you would still like to have your child attend our practice for experience please contact Trish.
Post a Comment