BG was a great success, we earned 4th place out of 10 teams with a 2-2 record. The team recorded solid wins over collegiate clubs from Xavier University and Bowling Green. Hard fought games were lost to Ohio University and Dayton University.
There were many bright spots along with some identifiable areas for improvement. From my observations, bright spots included:
- Calm, steady and smart leadership from Eric S.
- Quick hands and aggressive shot blocking from goalie Mo B. who was a presence in the cage in just his second tournament for our club
- Solid team defense that was nearly unbeatable in half court
- Several strong efforts in 6 on 5 situations after drawing numerous kickouts
- Andrew Sweet was 14 of 16 on swim offs, a consistent boost throughout each game
- Notable playing time for club newcomers Rich E. and Scott W. (Akron WPC transfer)
The Akron tournament has been tentatively moved to November 15. Details will be forwarded as I get them.
On dues, please bring them in as soon as possible. If you wish to write separate checks for t-shirts and suits, that is ok, the pool fee is the biggie. You can mark your shirt and suit order and we will follow up when the order is placed because we will certainly order in bulk.
- Practice this week is Tuesday and Thursday at CSU at 7:15 p.m. Sunday at HB will be at 1 p.m. Many players like this time slot. Feedback is welcome (Browns play Monday Night...no joke)
- I have plenty of interest from newcomers and plenty of experienced guys who we have not seen lately. As I always say, attendance is momentum based. Make the choice to join us, tell someone else you are going and the snowball effect happens quickly