Congratulations, Andrew Oswald!
1. Name: Andrew Oswald
2. Hometown: Greenville, PA
3. Family members? Family of five
4. Did any of them play polo? – Just Andrew!
5. Where do you live now? Lakewood
6. What is your occupation? Data Analyst
7. Years playing polo? Six
8. Years w/CWPC? Six
9. Favorite CWPC memory: Too many to name. Probably during practice, when the ref blows the whistle and a player provides constructive feedback on why the call was terrible.
10. Favorite post polo snack & beverage: California chicken with avocado and bacon with chips on the side from Merry Arts
11. Favorite position to play? Wing
12. Favorite tournament so far? Quarry Scramble!
13. How many polo suits do you own? Three
14. What is your favorite part about water polo in general? The comradery and good exercise
15. Fun fact about yourself: I volunteered teaching math in Cape Town and Namibia for a year …( but seriously who would have known?!)
16. How did you get involved with CWPC? I had a membership at the CSU rec center and would swim on occasion. Saw the team practice and asked if I could try it out. After a few practices, I finally bought a speedo and have been all in ever since
17. Why do you stick around? Great friends and great exercise!
18. Favorite quote? If not now, when?
19. Describe your ideal practice – 60 minute outdoor practice with two subs. I tend to need a breather on occasion.
20. Favorite piece of water polo advice anyone has ever given you? Take an open shop quicly or pass it around.
Here’s what Andrew’s teammates have to say about him...
“Andrew’s years of lobbying FINA to legalize subbing on the fly at mid-pool have finally paid off.”
“If there was a heat map f all of Andrew’s polo goals by location, only the top corners would be lit up.”
“Give me one good reason we don’t call him ‘Ozzy!’ “
“Andrew’s third place finish in 5 alive is my favorite memory to date – outside of bringing mountain dew and cheese to parties.”
“Best Andrew quote – ‘Becky's has the best orange juice, so much better than their cider.’ “
“Always has the most legitimate excuses for tardiness at practice – toastmaster, church, etc.”
“Least likely to sing karaoke…”
“Never stops caring for others and asking how they are”
“Andrew is a tried and true member of our team. He never gives us, never stops working and is always smiling.”