· Hometown: St Louis Mo
· Family members? Mom, Dad, and Sister (4 years younger than me)
· Did any of them play polo? Dad and Mom both played polo. Mom in high school and Dad in Highschool, college and masters until he hurt his shoulder. He still coaches.
· Where do you live now? Live in Lakewood. If you ever take the Warren exit you drive right by my place!
· What is your occupation? I’m a Physician assistant. Pulmonology (lungs) and ReCOVer Clinic
· What is one random fact about your job or career most people don’t know? Fun fact about the lungs: Right lung is larger than the left, 3 lobes on right vs 2 on the left, as the left side needs room for the heart.
· What is one random fact about yourself most people might not know? I am a huge board game fan. Seriously could play them for hours. If anyone wants to have a game night just let me know, I’m in!
· Years playing polo? Been playing polo since sophomore year in Highschool.(15 years) Fun fact: Our high school did not have a women’s team at the time, so I played co-ed with the boys and was only girl on the team.
· Years w/CWPC? Started playing with CWPC 2016, minus when I move away for short period of time for grad school.
· Favorite CWPC memory? Cincinnati tournament 2017/2018? Had to get the guys to carry Akron Rob out of the bar to Airbnb, chase Grant down the street and X had the largest pizza ever, Plus im pretty sure we fit the whole team in the sauna. Great time!
· Favorite post polo snack & beverage? Seasoned fries and a cider/blue moon at Merry Arts
· Favorite position to play? Hole set
· Favorite tournament so far? Quarry is always a good time!
· How many polo suits do you own? Way too many! I have 5 that I actively use, plus a couple more that just hang around the bottom of the drawer.
· Favorite brand or style of suit? Speedo endurance reverse zip.
· When was the last time you wore a swim cap under your game cap? Not for a very long time, probably college
· What is your favorite part about water polo in general? I love how small and close knit the waterpolo community is. Can go to any polo event in the US and will likely run into someone you know, or have some kind of connection with.
· How did you get involved with CWPC? Found out about CWPC through Kyle Tepe and Shami after my college program was cut and wanted to keep playing so I started showing up
· Why do you stick around? Love the environment and friends I have made through CWPC
· Describe your ideal practice – Ideal practice: 20 mins warm up, 20 mins drills, and 80 mins scrimmage full court 6v6
· Favorite piece of water polo advice anyone has ever given you? If you don’t have a hand up on six on five you’re doing it wrong. (Talking about defense)
Comments from the peanut gallery ...
"Danielle is friendly, knowledgeable about the game and owns a portable grill..."
"1 of 2 father-daughter squads to play at the quarry!"
"Her dad played at the quarry??"
"It really shows a persons character when they remain friends with the person who broke their hand.."
"Best moment has to be her having TOO much fun at Arepazo and scoring like 8 goals at practice later.."
"Danielle Summers ... queen of the grill! Expert hot dog griller and high noon aficionado!"
"Hater of practicing man up: 5 on 4 and passing groups of more than 3!"
"Danielle is great and I love having her around!"
Thank you, Danielle, for being a tremendous addition to our team and CONGRATS on being such a BALLER!