CWPC officers met with officials from GG9 and have committed to supporting the water polo program for the games.
How our club plans to contribute:
- Register a team from Cleveland Water Polo Club to compete in the games (anyone can play)
- Support recruitment of water polo players from the area who would like to compete with CWPC in the Gay Games
- Conduct outreach to other water polo clubs to encourage registration for the games
- Assist with tournament planning for the water polo tournament tentatively set to be hosted at Case Western Reserve University
Individual athletes who are interested in joining CWPC and interested clubs are encouraged to visit http://www.clevelandwaterpolo.com/ for more information. New and experienced players are welcome.
As the games approach, we will provide updates on our efforts. Please contact us if you have questions. The Gay Games FAQ explains that participation is open to anyone.
- The Plain Dealer wrote in April that registration will begin soon.
- 2014 Gay Games Home Page
- Federation of Gay Games Home Page
Gay Games Mission Vision and Values
Built upon the principles of Participation, Inclusion, and Personal Best, since 1982 the Gay Games have empowered thousands of LGBT athletes and artists through sport, culture, and fellowship.
The mission of the Federation of Gay Games is to promote equality through the organization of the premiere international LGBT and gay-friendly sports and cultural event known as the Gay Games.
While particular emphasis is placed on these specific goals, it is a fundamental principle of the Federation of Gay Games that all activities conducted under its auspices shall be inclusive in nature and that no individual shall be excluded from participating on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, political belief(s), athletic/artistic ability, physical challenge, age, or health status.